Wednesday 2 September 2015

Too faced Cocoa Contour palette and review

Hi all!! 

I make no secret of my love for the cocoa infused Too Faced products. They are creamy, pigmented and smell like my favourite food. So I kind of knew that this was going to be a hit! My little sister kindly bought this for me for my birthday, but I believe it retails at around £32. 


It came in a cardboard sleeve which is cute but will irritate me and no doubt end up in the bin. Here's the back of it though

I really wish they would print this on the back of the actual palette rather than on the sleeve ( Too Faced - we did talk about this with the chocolate palette, please listen to us!)

The front of the actual palette is the same as the sleeve, and the back looks like this;


And the usual little diagram sheet which is always helpful 


The palette contains 2 highlighting shades (one matte highlight and one shimmer/ glitter highlight) and 2 contour shades (medium and dark) as well as a nifty little brush.  I was a bit afraid of the glittery highlight but honestly it's not as harsh on the face as it is in the pan. 


Here are some swatches 


So my verdict is that I really like this palette. BUT I am white as a sheet
naturally and I would really like it if Too Faced released a "Milk chocolate contour palette" for those of us with fair skin, as the milk chocolate soilel bronzer suits my skin tone perfectly. This one I have to be a little careful of not to get too heavy. 

Here's a before and after with the worst lighting ever 

Before : 


After : 



Quite subtle but that's how it's meant to be right!?

Anyone else a huge fan of the Too faced Cocoa palettes or contour kits in general? Anyone have any recommendations for contour with super pale skin? 

Xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment