Saturday 7 March 2015

Latest in Beauty - The Glamour Spring edit box

So.. I've been seeing this box everywhere but I'm meant to be cutting spending and being good so I held off purchasing. I also saw in the photos that it had another red nail varnish and gloss in so that put me off..

Then I found out that red is only one choice of three colours, and that the box includes a 12 month subscription to Glamour magazine. SOLD. 

I ordered this online for the bargain price of £16.99 and it only took 3 days to arrive. Considering the cost of a 12 month subscription to Glamour is more than that, I'm already happy. 

Here's what the box looks like open


Comes with cute and informative cards as well as discount codes for all brands included and my exclusive code for the glamour print subscription

First thing I noticed was the lipgloss from Rimmel. It's a really nice colour but I just don't use lipgloss. Will pass this on. 


Second I noticed the Moroccan oil hair mask which I'm looking forward to trying, as I mentioned in previous posts I do a hair mask at least once a week so it's something I love to recieve. 


Next up is the Beauty UK brow kit. Seeing it in photos, I was concerned that even the lightest color would be too dark for my brows, but having swatched it I think it will work well. I love the cute little brush and mini tweezers that come with it too! 



Then it was to the Revlon Colourstay nail varnishes! I hardly ever paint my nails anymore. Nail varnish does not stay on them for more than an hour. I've tried everything! So I wasn't too excited to recieve two in this box. However, as I received a lovely blue colour in "Full House" (rather than the dreaded over supplied red) and also as its a new gel formula, I'm going to give it a try and see if it lasts any longer than regular polish. So here's my beautiful blue shade, and the diamond gel top coat 


Then we had the item I'm most looking forward to trying, the Kiko eyeshadow long lasting stick. We have a Kiko in the Stratford Westfield shopping centre where I spend far too much time, but I always just walk past and I'm not sure why? Maybe just because I wouldn't know where to start, so I was excited to recieve a product from the brand in this box. I received a beautiful gold shade in 07, which looks like it's going to be perfect all over the lid. 


Next to grab my attention is the Model co. Creme rouge cheek and lip in "just peachy"  I'm a tad frightened of cream cheek products as I'm a powder girl, and often forget to put them on before and then we have some terrible mismatched cake face going on as it sort of curdles on my face. Not attractive. I'm also not usually a huge fan of peach colours but to me this is more of a deeper peach so I like it! Very generously sized, I'm going to attempt to use it as a blush as well as to chuck on my lips before dashing out the door to work so that I don't look like a dead person ( I'm very pale and my lips naturally have NO pigment)


They chucked in a free perfume sample for good measure. Not for my taste but smells like something my mum might like so I'll give it to her 


Finally, the Nuxe Creme Fraiche 24hr smoothing and rehydrating fresh mask. I've received this before in a beauty box and I love it. I have combination sensitive skin and this is wonderful for when my normal oils or moisturisers just aren't doing it. I get fine dehydration lines on my forehead so tend to keep this in my bedside unit and slather it on every couple of days before I sleep and it asks to make a big difference. It has a fresh non offensive sort of dairy type smell, which sounds weird but I promise you it's not. You don't have to wash it off either of you don't want to, which is good for me as I do like to use it as a overnight treatment for my face. Here's what it looks like


And that's everything! For the price I don't think you could get better. It's a fantastic deal. All products (expect the perfume) are full size and (including the subscription for Glamour normally £24.99) the box is worth a whopping £99 which is a bit insane for £16.99. 

If you're a fan of any of the products and/ Glamour magazine I would definately purchase one of these while you still can as it really is a steal

The Glamour Spring edit can be found here; http://www.latestinbeauty.com/glamour/

No comments:

Post a Comment